"That's what this is about. We listen for the voice of God as He challenges us to take the next step, to ascend to the next level. When we go there, we won’t remain comfortable for very long before we hear God’s voice inviting us up higher still. As we respond, new challenges, new beauty, new adventures await us. And all the while, almost unbeknownst to us, we’re becoming more and more like Jesus.”
~ Richard Dahlstrom, O2


Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm Here!!

Hey everybody! I just wanted to let you all know that I made it to Uganda safely. Right now I'm in Kampala, but I am heading down to Masaka later today. The traveling definitely took it out of me, and I was exhausted when I got here, though my adrenaline did get me through the first day! I saw a lot, and will write about that more later. The whole "culture shock" thing hasn't really hit me yet. I've been to third world countries before, so that wasn't all that new, but I think when I get to Masaka, meet my host family, and see the community that I'll be in for the next four months, it might start to sink in a little bit.
Anyways, this week is all orientation: language and culture training, safety and health precautions, development training, etc. I should have most of my questions answered by the end of the week (at least that's my hope), and should have a clearer idea of what my time will look like here.
I look forward to updating you all when I get the chance. Thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Scotty! Dude, I'm stoked you are actually doing it! I meant to call you before you left, but time escaped me. I will definitely be following your adventures on here. Be safe and do good work, I will be praying for you, brother.

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete